Sunday, May 2, 2010

Romantic Me

  
For the past few weeks I wasn't too happy with my life.Nothing too upsetting in particular,but the way things were going,especially in the lives of people close to me,it had left me disturbed.I saw more break ups and fights in the past 2 weeks than probably i had done in a year.I was beginning to feel jaded and a little skeptical on the whole idea of 'being in love'.So when one of my close friends asked for my help in organizing a small function on the occasion of her parents' 25th marriage anniversary,I was only glad to help.I needed to get my spirits back.


I was given the overall charge of the event.So from setting the ambience,to choosing the menu,selecting the music to inviting the guests it was all my responsibility.It was a family affair so only relatives and close family friends were invited.I always like small gatherings,it's more personal.
We had a young couple,few youngsters and some senior couples amidst us.Being close to my friend I knew almost all people around.The elders were a delightful bunch,who cracked jokes and recounted many funny and romantic incidents from their life.


We had a small event where the men had to dedicate a song to their wives.The elderly couples laughed it off but everyone cheered when the young husband volunteered.We could see his lovely wife blush when he sang "mujhe raat din,bas mujhe chahti ho.."There was a hint of naughtiness in his eyes.It was too sweet and too romantic.It set the mood in.And then we had my friend's dad and some of the elders sing songs.They weren't exactly romantic,but everyone was enjoying.


The food was great.After dinner,the elders got down to some serious discussion over their drinks.The music in the background was soft and romantic.I couldn't help myself when the godfather's theme started playing and pulled my friend for a dance.And soon the others joined in and we all were dancing to the romantic music.It was good too see everybody laugh and enjoy so much.



I feel a lot relaxed after yesterday night.It was a nice way to unwind.I have my romantic caps on and I'm feeling all mushy and mellow now.I have already listened to more than a dozen love songs since morning.So here's sharing one of my all time favourites with you.Enjoy!

3 comments: