Monday, May 3, 2010

Band-Aid

Hello,
It's been quite some time now since my last post.It wasn't because nothing had been happening off late but rather because my mind was and remains a pot pourri of emotions over the last couple of days.I would start off with the most pressing thing on my mind right now,
a band-aid.

Where did i keep that band-aid??I tried hard to think.I kept searching it with a desperation,i ner knew of.Finally after 2 long hours of exhaustive search i gave up and reclined on the couch.It was 2 in the night.I poured myself some coffee(depressing me further).I kept thinking of all the places where i could have kept it.Why of all places did i note his number on the band-aid strip.Why?I still remembered him calling me back at the Srinagar airport and giving me his number.In a hurry i'd fished into my bag to look for a pen but i'd found my kajal instead.I'd tried looking for a paper but the only thing i found were tablet strips,more medicines and this lone band aid strip.I'd hurriedly taken down his number.My folks called out to me.So I gave him one final look,that of a goodbye.I'll call you.bye.I'd said and rushed to the airport.
 
Back home,I'd looked at the strip.I'd tossed it casually between my fingers before putting the strip in my study drawer.You don't forge relationships with people you leave behind,i'd thought.I'd opened the drawer again looking at the number.I'd wanted to give him a call but pushed back the drawer.And i'd forgotten all about it.
 
Last fifteen days as tension gripped the valley my mind constantly drifted to him.Would he still be taking the bus through the Pirpanjal?Would Sharif be with him to give him company?Is he alright?i thought.Situation in Kashmir had changed days after i returned from there.I should have called him earlier.I should call him up now.And it's since then that i have been desperately looking for that piece of paper.
 
I don't know what i feel right now..
guilt?...self hatred?..anger?...worry?....desperation?..frustration?
 
I don't know how to set things right.But i'll keep trying never the less.I'll try to heal things with out a Band Aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment