Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye..


With romance going digital and love being on the fast lane,the age old art of wooing is slowly dying out.Maybe because everyone's so short of time.Men don't have the time or the patience to woo women and women in turn don't have the inclination to be wooed,something that roots to feminism.It's sad to find the beautiful art of courtship dying out because some women feel it humiliating and some men feel it unnecessary,esp with demands of equality.Forget about the idea of being sweet to a stranger,without any motive.

Anyway,I am hopelessly romantic and I still believe in knights,gentlemen and all the age old conventions.I feel happy when I see any of my friends doing something sweet for their partner. Such things were common place when I was in college and it was always fun to watch. But after college I hadn't witnessed anything truly sweet until it happened today..to
 
me.

I was returning from a friend's place in the evening..Before heading home I decided to get myself a recharge voucher.The neighbourhood shop was crowded being a small hangout for many MBA students who stay in the locality.While I was waiting for my turn I found a cute gurl by my side.I gave her one casual glimpse.She smiled but I ignored and looked the other way.Rude,you might think but I was in a terrible mood after a real bad day.I paid the cash,got my voucher and headed out of the shop.I decided to take home some snacks from the nearby thela wala. While I was at the shop giving orders,the thela boy pointed behind my back.I looked back but didn't find anything.He again pointed,but towards my vehicle this time.I looked back and still didn't find anything strange.When he did it for the third time,I thought he was retarded.Just then another person at the shop tapped me and asked me to look back.when I looked back,almost irritated by then,I could see a gurl waving to me from the other side of the road. She was on her scooty with her helmet firmly on her head. I could make out she was the gurl from the shop. She pointed to my Bike. I looked down to find a chocolate bar on my seat.And below it was a paper with a big smiling face drawn on it and the words "Haapy Summer Days" scribbled beneath it.I looked up at her and she shouted back,"It's for you". Before I could react she zoomed off. People were looking at me and some were smiling..In my hurry to get out of there,i forgot to collect my snacks packet.I t was further embarrassing when I went back to collect it..

Back home i told my mom about the incident and we both shared a good laugh..
I don't remember any stranger being so sweet to me.It surely made me smile.If only I could have said a thank you or atleast returned her smile.I hope she reads this though.. *sigh*

32 comments:

  1. :) Thanks for writing..nice..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pooja Pleasure :)).. It Just Happened 4 Days Back.. So thot to write it !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! ahem ahem.. I go by ur philosophy aswell dude..doin sweet things to one's partner n wooing gals and all.. loved it.. n well really wud have like to meet tht gal.. isn it?? :) there are a very few frank gals like those.. haha!!! thanks really for sharing this with us.. loved it.. nice read n write..keep it up dude.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She knew u by any means...any idea???

    ReplyDelete
  5. its reali nice.....dear>> luv'd it....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SuperWonderFull :))Whole Thing Flashed Before My Eyes. :))Thanks For Sharing Beauty Of Small Things With Us. Cheers :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Yash : Thankew Yash :) I'm Pleased That You Liked It !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Diablo : Yeah, Even I was Amazed by Her Grace Act n Wanna Meet Her, Wish I Cud See Her again In the Downstreets.. Jeez i'm happie dat i was able to take such an expirience.. Shez a Pretty sweet gurl !! N thanx 4 ur Compliments Buddie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Arindam : Naah Re I Dunno Her.. May Be she knows me but i dunno how !! :O

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ashima Thank U Dear.. Glad That u LIked It !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Parmesh : Thanx a Tonne Brother.. I'm Very Happie That You Liked This Small Piece Of My Experience !! HuGs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its Simply Awesome.. I'm Simply Speechless.. I'm Very Amazed to Believe That This Happened in Reality !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Sania : My Pleasure Sania That U Liked It.. N Haan, I was also a bit surprised when it happened..

    ReplyDelete
  14. feel urself lucky to have experienced sucha gratituous behaviour frm a complete stranger...very few ppl out there r like this... sweet indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Shivani : Yeah I'm Feeling Quiet Lucky..Means O'm Glad that It Happened Only With Me.. What a Heart has that gurl Got !!.. Really I wanna Meet Her,N Want To Say Her Thanx.. Hopz I Cud Meet Her Again in Future.. *Fingers Crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  16. its sooooooooooooo cute!!!! myyy bro u r superb.....you are really one of those old days romantic guys! your partner would be a happy person

    ReplyDelete
  17. oyeee hoyeeee :p... did she know u by any chance????
    BTW sweeeeeeeeettttt :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Aagan Thankew Aagan.. Haha.. Dun Embarrass me now.. "Old Classics" n all.. It jus an two piece experience i had..

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Maggi I Dunno if she knew me or not.. but i thnk she might be knowing me, or else why she gave me that choc. but surprisingly i dun know who was she !! :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, omg!! haha!! :P Kewl...Oooh i love people who believe in the fairytale-ish stuff knda! :P Hahah nice!: )

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG ..i like dat girl more than ur blog post :) .. such an angel ... :) ..

    n vry nicely writn :P .. 10/10 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Kriti Hehe.. Thik Hai Thik Hai..Pari toh Hai, Par Kahan Hai Pata Nahin..Nywys Thankew :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. aww Abhi....u ARE a hopeless romantic...and a really endearing 1..! A real sweet experience i wud say..! Dat girl ws such a kindred spirit..! N yeah i agree wid ur views abt courtship..d traditional boy-wooing-grl thing's on a serious decline..! D dating process hs become less romantic n more straightforward!...Itz more lyk hanging out wid frnds..! Bt i would love 2 b swept off my feet by d man of my dreams..he sooo has 2 b romantic!!..
    Neways..grrrt work buddy...add some more cute experiences whn u hav..
    cheers!
    Tithi:-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Tithi : Thankew So Much Tithi.. Me too agree with ur say of traditional boy-wooing-grl decline.. But What to do.. Itz Passionate !! N SUrely i'll share my experiences whenevr i'll have like this kinda.. Thanx Again, n M glad that u Liked It !!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ur welcm..!!! I'll be hooked on 2 blog frm now on..i guess..!!!..
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Tithi : Aww That's So Kind Of Yuh Yaar.. I'll Try to give very exciting and variance posts that you lyk !! Thankew :) XoXo

    ReplyDelete