Friday, April 9, 2010

Undelivered . . .

I give you flowers because I believe them to be tender. Tender here is the words of soul for all my heart and feelings revolve around it. It’s the way I feel for you. I love you beyond my capacity to understand. But you are oblivious to the fact. 

 

I give you flowers because they make you smile and that smile is worth every effort that I would love to make, just so I may see that one chirpy smile for the rest of……

I give you flowers so you may know that this is how I feel for you. I believe that flowers speak a language that transcends the boundaries of all languages. I pray someday you too would see that. I know that you don’t love me, nor do you understand the intensity with which I love you.

These roses are meant to make your day, even though I burn here, sometimes of jealousy and sometimes just out of the pain of being oblivious in your life. I know that you have some doors of the past you haven’t closed. The ones that make my life more difficult, that distance you from me. Would you shut out the others?

I know not what prevents you from closing those doors, is it the pleasure of the chase or the hunt or Is it some skewed sense of thirst for inconsequential power? I know not.

The roses I send come with their thorns, and they speak for me when they come to you. Underneath the tenderness of the wild rose lies the thorn that speaks of the pain when you act oblivious to my love. But the thorns aren’t meant for you, they are for me. They stay invisible to you underneath the tender moistened roses which are solely meant for you. They are true in their words that I care for you in ways you will probably never understand. All I can do is send this message through flowers and hope that you, someday, might understand.

Love,
Maximus

He folded the letter and kept it in his pocket.It has been five days since he has been sending her the flowers. And it has been five days of joy for him, every time he saw her face light up. The roses were beautiful, and so was she. Would she know, he never knew.. it didn't matter.

3 comments: